Saturday, April 11, 2009

Gone Fishing


Yesterday T took Little T fishing for the first time. He had been asking me, but I told him that really wasn't my cup of tea. Yuck! I guess T's brother, Angel, fishes a bit with his boys so they all headed out to a lake by Potholes Reservoir. Little T caught 4 large trout! Ok, large to me is about 10". My memories of fishing in the Robert Packer Hospital pond only ever yielded 3" guppies, although good times were had by all. There was an exciting day when I caught a 5" small-mouth bass. I guess that made me hard-core! :) After about an hour of fishing, they had caught almost 20 fish all together. Quite a productive day. I'm glad I missed the cleaning as well. Nea was napping so when she woke up I told her what they were doing. I explained that they went fishing and now they were taking the guts out so we could eat them. For the next hour, she would wander over to me and say she wanted to help take the guts out of the fish. They came back happy and stinking of mud. We would have eaten the fish last night for dinner, but T decided he wanted to smoke them with the neighbors. Our next door neighbors bought a smoker last summer. For a week straight, Aaron and T smoked nearly everything they could think of. We would all sit on the front lawn (because that is where the shade is) and eat dinner together while the kids ran around. I think T was pretty excited to be able to break out the smoker for the summer. I'm not as enthusiastic since I'm really not a fan of seafood in general. Sure, I've had a few tasty fish now and then, but they aren't my favorite. But I Know it is always better fresh, so hopefully they will be tasty. So here is Angel helping Little T retrieve his fish and another with his cousins, showing off the spoils of the day. Nea insisted that she wanted to go next time, so we may make another trip out there all together. But I already told T, there's no way I'm baiting any hooks! :)


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Way to be supportive of a hobby. Lanita's husband Sam, loves wrestling and enlisted their little boys in teams. She, like you, gives a thumbs up while her head is turned the other way, well, maybe you have your nose pinched too.